Thursday, February 19, 2009

NeatReceipts

Info about the NeatReceipts scanner:

Sample Screen:


Software Specifications

  • Images can be saved in JPEG, PDF and other popular formats
  • Data can be sent to .XLS (Microsoft® Excel®), RTF (Word), Outlook, .OFX and .QIF (Quicken®), .TXF (TurboTax®), .IIF (QuickBooks®), .CSV, HTML, and PLAXO
  • Reads U.S. and Canadian receipts and business cards
  • Database can scale to approximately 1.5 million receipts 

Given the support for up to 1.5 million receipts and the ability to export .csv files, it seems like this would be an ideal long-term solution for doing the data entry.  



Also, the technical specs for the two available scanners mean I can get either
  1. the mobile scanner (scans up to 600dpi, weighs under 11 ozs) which I can carry around in my backpack to do immediate or frequent scanning of receipts rather than waiting 'til I'm home, ($230) and
  2. the adf tabletop scanner -- automatic document feeding up to 10 receipts at a time, up to 600dpi, one- or two-sided ($500).

No comments:

Conceptual and Information Arts Searching