Monday, March 30, 2009

Context Free

So I had a good re-discovery this weekend:  while rallying troops and supplies to go to IC's (GC's youngest) lacrosse game, I grabbed one of my latest issues of Make magazine off the back of the toilet.  It apparently has become GC's favorite reading material during his evening "constitutionals."  At least now I always know where to find it.

Anyway, back at the farm, as I was laying on my blanket in the sun leafing through the magazine during time outs, I found an article on Context Free.  It is an IDE/Programming Language sort of thing for creating abstract generative art things that are just plain nifty.  

I had completely forgotten about it.  It is simple to get started using it so some years ago when I found it used to create desktop images for my computer with it.  I suspected (and still do) that it was capable of some more sophisticated stuff but, alas, I never got that far.

I downloaded the latest version last night after I finished reading the article (Make 17).  I'm hoping to use it to create one of my Variations for my Senior Show piece.

No comments:

Conceptual and Information Arts Searching